When creating an account on Ardens Manager or Knack, the user must enter a password that adheres to our password policy.
The password must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of 8 characters
- At least one uppercase letter
- At least one lowercase letter
- At least one number
- At least one special character
Weak passwords can be cracked in seconds. The longer and more unusual your password is, the harder it is for a cybercriminal to crack. Below are some suggestions to help keep your password secure:
- Combining three random words
- Avoid the most common passwords (e.g. ‘password’).
- Avoid creating passwords from significant dates like your birthday, your favourite sports team, or by using family and pet names.
- Not using the same password for multiple accounts, should your password become known to cyber criminals, they will try using these details to access your other services, such as social media, cloud storage services and your bank.
- If you’re thinking of changing certain characters in your password (swapping the letter ‘o' with a zero, for example), you should know that cyber criminals know these tricks as well. So, your password won’t be significantly stronger, but it will be harder for you to remember.
You may use a password manager, which can help you create strong passwords (and remember them).
You may write down your password, but you must ensure that it is stored in a secured location such as a locked cabinet.